Solar Open Loop Hot Water System - Page 2 - Rubicon Owners Forum
 38Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-05-2019, 08:19 PM
Rubi Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildrat View Post
What cracks me up are the people who buy bottled water. Nearly all bottled water is RO water right from whatever city the water bottling plant is at.

If you look around you can get the Watts Premier system for around 185. Sometimes Costco and Sams Club has them. Amazon sells it as well. I get my filters from Amazon not unless Watts has a special. Since I am by myself, filters last me longer than six months. I change them when I notice RO water pressure is down.
I have a couple of cases I keep in the pantry in case the power goes down or there is an issue with the well. The water here tastes great right out of the ground, no filter or anything(I do have a filter, but I drink from the game windmills out here all the time and have not had any issues.)
Wildrat likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-06-2019, 12:14 AM
Rubicus Maximus

Garage
You are fortunate. My garage looks like the water treatment plant for a small town.
Mouse, johncanfield and FLLJ like this.

Bill
05 LJR Sahara #486, 2.5" OME, 285/75/16 BFG ATs, Warn VR8000, HighRock front Bumper, RockHard rear bumper, MORE MML, JKS BL, UCF Aluminum Engine and Transfercase Skids, MCAI, Savvy CAs, Currie Steering.
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-06-2019, 01:08 AM
Rubi Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by svtotem View Post
You are fortunate. My garage looks like the water treatment plant for a small town.
Do you have really hard water?
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-06-2019, 04:08 AM Thread Starter
Rubicus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayWestJeep View Post
I have a couple of cases I keep in the pantry in case the power goes down or there is an issue with the well. The water here tastes great right out of the ground, no filter or anything(I do have a filter, but I drink from the game windmills out here all the time and have not had any issues.)

It would be nice to be able to drink the water around here without filtration but with Alabama Power poisoning the ground water as well as other ventures around here, and then the city water company with it's highly trained McDonald's workers treating the water, and the corrupt government
in this state/US I do not trust anything they tell me is safe.

I need to win the lottery, move to an isolated area of Arizona which has UPS/Fed X/Walmart/USPS, good water/ and a fence surrounding the property for the dogs, a well insulated house/shop, and a 3kw solar power system, and long reasonably safe roads to ride the bike.
Oh, and the ability to walk out the door and use my firearms legally. LOL

MARK

2005 Rubicon Sahara Unlimited #890
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-06-2019, 04:55 AM
Rubi Crawler

Quote:
It would be nice to be able to drink the water around here without filtration but with Alabama Power poisoning the ground water as well as other ventures around here, and then the city water company with it's highly trained McDonald's workers treating the water, and the corrupt government
in this state/US I do not trust anything they tell me is safe.

I need to win the lottery, move to an isolated area of Arizona which has UPS/Fed X/Walmart/USPS, good water/ and a fence surrounding the property for the dogs, a well insulated house/shop, and a 3kw solar power system, and long reasonably safe roads to ride the bike.
No need to win the lottery, just save and plan well. The closest UPS/Fed X/Walmart/USPS is about an hour away, none deliver out here. You don't HAVE to put up fencing, they can just run till they get tired and come back :-p
I have seen a few people turning shipping containers into homes. I have a neighbor about 30 minutes from here that has a new structure that appears to be stacked shipping containers. I have checked it out through a scope while out and about and it looks like a convert to a two story home. I picked up a some containers for a project a few years back and they were only a couple grand each. So building could be super cheap as well. There is no longer property in this particular area for sale, however the state is full of cheap property. Some places you can get 40 to 60 acres for around 50K. Plus one good thing about having land is no matter what law the future snowflakes pass they will never know what you are doing on your land anyway. If you were a crafty fellow you might even bury some shipping containers and have a nice underground range
Mouse and johncanfield like this.
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-06-2019, 09:26 AM
Administrator

Garage
Red face

Quote:
.....I need to win the lottery, move to an isolated area of Arizona which has UPS/Fed X/Walmart/USPS, good water/ and a fence surrounding the property for the dogs, a well insulated house/shop, and a 3kw solar power system, and long reasonably safe roads to ride the bike.
We have all of that here in the Texas Hill Country. Shopping is 22-25 miles away, major shopping and airport are 80 miles away in San Antonio. We just reached our immigration limit for anybody from coastal California, Washington, Portland, etc, you people know who you are .
Mouse, Desert Dog, Wildrat and 1 others like this.

John - WB5THT
=======================
2006 LJ, not stock
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-06-2019, 09:27 AM
Rubicus Maximus

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by WayWestJeep View Post
Do you have really hard water?

Yes, and hydrogen sulphide from the iron content.
FLLJ likes this.

Bill
05 LJR Sahara #486, 2.5" OME, 285/75/16 BFG ATs, Warn VR8000, HighRock front Bumper, RockHard rear bumper, MORE MML, JKS BL, UCF Aluminum Engine and Transfercase Skids, MCAI, Savvy CAs, Currie Steering.
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-06-2019, 09:31 AM
Rubicus Maximus

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by johncanfield View Post
We have all of that here in the Texas Hill Country. Shopping is 22-25 miles away, major shopping and airport are 80 miles away in San Antonio. We just reached our immigration limit for anybody from coastal California, Washington, Portland, etc, you people know who you are .

Maybe you are putting your wall on the wrong border, John.

Bill
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-06-2019, 02:21 PM Thread Starter
Rubicus Maximus

Unless I win the lottery, I'm not going anywhere. LOL

If I win the lottery and move, I can let someone else do everything for me. LOL

When I;m not on my bike, I am LAZY!

MARK

2005 Rubicon Sahara Unlimited #890
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-07-2019, 12:48 AM
Rubi Crawler

Quote:
Unless I win the lottery, I'm not going anywhere. LOL

If I win the lottery and move, I can let someone else do everything for me. LOL

When I;m not on my bike, I am LAZY!
LOL I think if I biked as much as you I would probably be looking for someone to tie my shoes hahaha
Wildrat likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Rubicon Owners Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page