Official 2018 ROF Weight Loss Thread - Page 3 - Rubicon Owners Forum
 142Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 58 (permalink) Old 07-21-2018, 11:14 AM
KMG
Rubi Wheeler

When I became a locomotive engineer (sitting for hours) I gained weight to my personal high of 238#. When I retired, I changed my eating habits (healthier food, less quantity, no late night snaking) and increased my workout routine to 60 miles a week on my bicycle, and 4 days of weight training for tone. I now weigh 190# on my way to 180#. My personal opinion is to not think of it as a diet to loose weight but as a permanent lifestyle change.

Last edited by KMG; 07-21-2018 at 04:29 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 58 (permalink) Old 07-22-2018, 10:01 AM
KMG
Rubi Wheeler

The other day, I ran out of charcoal for grilling. I bought two bags which totaled 40#. As I was carrying one in each hand to the car, I couldn't help think about how heavy they were and that I used to carry that much fat on me all the time. No wonder my back, hips, knees, and feet don't hurt any more.
post #23 of 58 (permalink) Old 07-23-2018, 10:59 AM
Rubi Noobie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMG View Post
The other day, I ran out of charcoal for grilling. I bought two bags which totaled 40#. As I was carrying one in each hand to the car, I couldn't help think about how heavy they were and that I used to carry that much fat on me all the time. No wonder my back, hips, knees, and feet don't hurt any more.

Awesome! Keep up the good work!!

I feel bad for the people wanting or expecting quick results. The healthy path seems to be the slow and steady one, where you decide to make better choices and continue to include regular exercise.

My primary care physician told me "you don't become obese over night... it takes time and sneaks up on you... as long as you make more better choices than you do poor choices, you can maintain a healthy lifestyle and still enjoy yourself."

Sounds like you have things in order and are doing the right things to be healthy in the long run.

Keep at it!

Over last two years, I dropped 47 and got off my prescriptions for cholesterol and blood pressure.

/l ,[____],
l---L -OlllllllO-
()_)-()_)-o-)_)

05 TJ Rubicon

6 Spd. Manual
Soft Top

33x12.5x15 Tires
3" Body Lift

post #24 of 58 (permalink) Old 07-24-2018, 11:44 AM
RubiconOwnersForum.com Premium

Garage
Iím fairly close to my.5# per week weight loss goal for this year.
Had a real break through over the weekend, got into the 220ís! May not sound real exciting, but when youíve started your life style change at 317, well, you know.😎
Only have 13# left on my 2018 goal, thatíll put me at the weight I was at when I got out of the Navy in 1972.

2006 Turbo LJ Rubicon, Red
post #25 of 58 (permalink) Old 07-24-2018, 12:49 PM
Rubi Noobie

I was down 4.4 lbs this morning from Monday of last week.

I have a protein shake, and a V8 fusion for breakfast. 6 AM

1/4 cup of honey roasted peanuts about 9:30 AM to tide me over till lunch

A salad with real bacon crumbles, sharp cheddar cheese, and Cavendars seasoning with a couple tablespoons of Lite Blue Cheese Dressing. along with a Diet Soda, and a protein shake, or a piece of steak, or a smoked chicken quarter.

Nothing more until dinner which is mostly protein, but sometimes I make up a taco salad with taco meat, and the salad listed above.

This may not work for everyone, it is working fine for me right now, because it leaves me without being hungry, and being hungry is a real problem for me.
mac and KMG like this.
post #26 of 58 (permalink) Old 07-24-2018, 12:53 PM
KMG
Rubi Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobsLJ View Post
Iím fairly close to my.5# per week weight loss goal for this year.
Had a real break through over the weekend, got into the 220ís! May not sound real exciting, but when youíve started your life style change at 317, well, you know.😎
Only have 13# left on my 2018 goal, thatíll put me at the weight I was at when I got out of the Navy in 1972.
Amazing! That takes a lot of dedication. Congrats!
mac and johncanfield like this.
post #27 of 58 (permalink) Old 07-24-2018, 04:01 PM
RubiconOwnersForum.com Premium

Garage
tx, it's a journey for sure. Only wish I would have not gotten to 317 to start with. And, since I did, wish I would have come to the realization sooner that it needed to come off. 40 years ago when the Dr. said the extra weight would take 10 years off my life and I would have hip and knee issues it wasn't a big deal. However, now at 70 I am rethinking my decision.

2006 Turbo LJ Rubicon, Red
post #28 of 58 (permalink) Old 07-24-2018, 08:51 PM
Rubi Noobie

Diagnosed diabetic in October. 2017

Not no more ! As of today I'm down 65 lbs.

No white bread, white pasta, potatoes or white rice, portion control.
only fruit and vegies for lunch.

My hate for pills was greater than my love of food.
post #29 of 58 (permalink) Old 07-24-2018, 10:57 PM Thread Starter
mac
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garden-Spyder View Post
I was down 4.4 lbs this morning from Monday of last week.

I have a protein shake, and a V8 fusion for breakfast. 6 AM

1/4 cup of honey roasted peanuts about 9:30 AM to tide me over till lunch

A salad with real bacon crumbles, sharp cheddar cheese, and Cavendars seasoning with a couple tablespoons of Lite Blue Cheese Dressing. along with a Diet Soda, and a protein shake, or a piece of steak, or a smoked chicken quarter.

Nothing more until dinner which is mostly protein, but sometimes I make up a taco salad with taco meat, and the salad listed above.

This may not work for everyone, it is working fine for me right now, because it leaves me without being hungry, and being hungry is a real problem for me.
it`s all good...
try n kick the diet soda ....
try New York Seltzers ... made with Cane sugar ..none of that fructose crap
( root beer is my fav) it`s not diet and only 100 cal / bottle clear no artificial colors
it takes me 3 days to have a bottle

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Chief Justice John Roberts writing for the majority:"It is not our job to protect the people from the consequences of their political choices"
Into the sunset of time the once great beacon of liberty fades
Past the tipping point a nation fundamentally transformed
Towards serfdom America blindly dances.

C.L. Morgan - 7 November 2012

Darkness fades
The great beacon of liberty
Shines once more...

C.L.Morgan - 9 November 2016

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #30 of 58 (permalink) Old 07-25-2018, 11:00 AM
Rubi Noobie

Diet Soda is my coffee, because I can't stand coffee.

I have tried to quit it before, but it is my most major vice. I don't smoke, drink, etc... I just overeat and drink way too much soda.

I try Mio, water additive, and other green teas and such, but nothing satisfies me like a soda.. it may be the death of me.
mac and johncanfield like this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Rubicon Owners Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page