Bike talk - Page 38 - Rubicon Owners Forum
 223Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #371 of 491 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 11:06 AM Thread Starter
Rubicus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97heep View Post
I wish I lived somewhere with elevation. I've really contemplated moving to Colorado or Utah but then starting over again in my line of work I don't look forward to haha.

I'm only hidding, not even a good hill in Mobile, Al, just bridges.

No special wrench required as long as you have the correct wrench for the BB. All I had was a wrench for Shimano hollowtech so I had to buy a couple wrenches. On my two Wheels MFG. BB, one wrench is sufficient but two make the job easier. They sell all kind of tools. I have several of their tools, good quality.
SweetPee likes this.

MARK

2005 Rubicon Sahara Unlimited #890
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #372 of 491 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 02:16 PM
Rubicus Maximus

Garage
The G/F and I rode Mule Shoe in Austin, TX today and I must say I am very proud of her. This is only the 4th time she's ever ridden a bike on trails and the 2nd time doing the northern half of the trail. The northern half she did great just rolling through obstacles she would walk last time or we would session. on the southern half she was tired and legs were cooked but she muscled through it only having to walk up a couple climbs. She also kept up a faster pace than last time too. It was a great ride with great weather.

Pea, as said no special tool but wheels does make a lot of different tools that are of top notch quality. The price reflects it but they will last forever. I've got one or two of their tools and they make life easier in ways. Worth the investment if you're like me and always working on your own or friends bikes.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190703_100743_1562173977819.jpg (261.9 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20190703-121421_Strava_1562174072819.jpg (877.4 KB, 6 views)
SweetPee and Mouse like this.

Chris

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #373 of 491 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 04:35 PM Thread Starter
Rubicus Maximus

I think my mule lost a shoe there in a bend.

MARK

post #374 of 491 (permalink) Old 07-04-2019, 07:52 PM Thread Starter
Rubicus Maximus

62 miles today and it was crazy. A small moccasin struck my cycling shoe, then I am going down a perfectly flat, smooth road, with no debris, and it was like the front wheel hit a curb and over the handlebars I go. People around me were like what happened? I was dumbfounded by the event.

MARK

post #375 of 491 (permalink) Old 07-04-2019, 08:26 PM
Rubi Bad Ass

When I read the posts of the number of miles you guys bike I think of this:

Which one of you did this commercial?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bike.jpg (111.2 KB, 2 views)
SweetPee and Desert Dog like this.
post #376 of 491 (permalink) Old 07-04-2019, 08:30 PM Thread Starter
Rubicus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLLJ View Post
When I read the posts of the number of miles you guys bike I think of this:

Which one of you did this commercial?

No, No, No! This commercial disgust me, although there are cyclist out there with that attitude.
Mouse and FLLJ like this.

MARK

post #377 of 491 (permalink) Old 07-04-2019, 09:25 PM
Rubicus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildrat View Post
62 miles today and it was crazy. A small moccasin struck my cycling shoe, then I am going down a perfectly flat, smooth road, with no debris, and it was like the front wheel hit a curb and over the handlebars I go. People around me were like what happened? I was dumbfounded by the event.
As in native footwear or ground slithering snake?
Wildrat likes this.

2014 JKU, JKS lift,Poison spyder flares, bombshell covers,Rancho D2 control arms, JKS adjustable track bars, 35" Tires. GrabBars, Crawler Conceptz rear bumper, Smitty front bumper, Winch. Rough Country inner fenders, Teraflex Disco Mud Flaps
Backseat Dobermann Security
post #378 of 491 (permalink) Old 07-04-2019, 09:39 PM Thread Starter
Rubicus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlenglish View Post
As in native footwear or ground slithering snake?
Slithering poisonous snake

MARK

post #379 of 491 (permalink) Old 07-07-2019, 03:34 PM Thread Starter
Rubicus Maximus

63 miles today. Seven mph wind, 98F/37C, heat index 102F/39C, the humidity was good today at 36%. Unusual for here.

It's kind of lonely out riding when it's hot. I see no one riding besides me after about 10:30. If someone is out they are complaining about the heat and humidity. You can't adapt if you don't ride in it, same as the cold.
I also figured out why I went over the bars. My right foot was forward in the pedal stroke and I must have turned the handlebars to the right causing the back of the front wheel to come in contact with my foot, which was like a big brake on the front wheel causing it to stop and me go over the bars.

I deduce this based on my memory of the last thing I remember was my right foot coming unclipped, and when I got home I noticed the front of my right shoe was scuffed a bit. Just a freaky accident.
I was riding near the coal terminal and the container terminal on the Bay. There is a bridge I go up and down on. As I was going up there was a fairly new piece of nylon webbing laying alongside the road. Since I was going up this fairly steep bridge I was going to keep going, but I turned around and got it. It's around 15 feet long, 2 inches wide and thick. I figured it must be a piece of cargo strap. I'll make a strap to go around objects for when I winch.
Mouse and FLLJ like this.

MARK

Last edited by Wildrat; 07-07-2019 at 03:39 PM.
post #380 of 491 (permalink) Old 07-08-2019, 08:52 AM

Garage
Wow guys.... you all are getting it with the miles. I am either too slow or don't have enough time to ride that far.... not sure which LOL. I am lucky to ride an hour after work each day around town, maybe 16 miles. Guess that is better than nothing. Took the yeti into the LBS for the creak, I gave up. Besides if it is the bearing(s) in the linkage I suspect... you basically have to destroy them to remove them. Better then messing with it than me. @Wildrat... seems like a very close call with the snake man! Glad that sucker didn't get you & you are ok from the crash.

Do you all have a favorite chain lube? I have been using White Lightening Clean Ride for a dry lube. I used it eons ago when it first came out and liked it. I also have used and have a bottle of Dumonde Tech (original) for a wet lube, but have not used it much. Lube is lube I am sure... just curious if there is anything out there (especially for MTB) that is the end all be all. Seems a lot of people use that rock n roll gold.
Wildrat likes this.

Eric C.
"Trouble finds me in easy places."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Rubicon Owners Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page