Rubicon Owners Forum - View Single Post - Call Ahead Seating and other questions
View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-27-2015, 01:08 PM
mac
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boady View Post
My 2012 JKU had a check engine light a couple of weeks ago. It seemed to be running fine. I checked the code and it indicated a #2 cylinder misfire. A quick search on the internet and I was pretty sure I would be getting a new head put on the Jeep.

I called the local Jeep Dealer and made an appointment with the service department. The first opening was three days out on Friday at 7AM. I dropped the vehicle off Thursday night. Friday comes and no call from the service department. I wait until the end of the day and leave a voicemail with my service rep. He returns my call and says my Jeep is in line and won't be diagnosed until Tuesday.

I asked why it was taking so long and was told my appointment was just to drop off the vehicle. It would be 3 to 5 days before someone would be able to look at the vehicle. I got the "They should have told you that when you made the appointment".

Is this normal for a dealership to make appointments knowing they can't even diagnose the vehicle for up to a week out? I was told this call ahead seating type of appointment system is standard ops. I was also told they could not place me in line for service unless they had my vehicle.

I was promised a rental car but I had to wait until the vehicle was diagnosed.

After numerous unreturned calls I went to the dealership the following Saturday. I was told my Jeep is in the stall getting the head put on. They never gave me the diagnosis nor did they get permission to proceed with the work on the vehicle.

With my experience so far with the dealership I'm worried they're going to gouge me for unneeded service expenses. What are my rights since they didn't ask before they began?
they should have had you sign to replace the head.

i`m getting my nav radio replaced and it`s taken 3 attempts to get the ok to replace
yesterday they finally called and asked me to come in to sign to replace.
i have to bring it back in 3 or 4 days to get the new radio
and wait for a 3 to 4 hour install. .....fun fun fun.. ( NOT )

Chrysler is difficult on warranty work from what i have experienced in the last yr.

make sure you get all the paperwork when you pick up your JK

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Chief Justice John Roberts writing for the majority:"It is not our job to protect the people from the consequences of their political choices"
Into the sunset of time the once great beacon of liberty fades
Past the tipping point a nation fundamentally transformed
Towards serfdom America blindly dances.

C.L. Morgan - 7 November 2012

Darkness fades
The great beacon of liberty
Shines once more...

C.L.Morgan - 9 November 2016

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome