Rubicon Owners Forum - View Single Post - Is the Hobart 140 any good?
View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-15-2015, 01:49 PM
87Warrior
RubiconOwnersForum.com Premium

Garage
I have the Hobart 140 and have found it to be extremely easy to use, even as an extreme welding noob. I've used it to replace the floor in my MJ, weld nuts to broken bolts, build seat brackets, assemble some shelf brackets for my wife, tacked together a bumper and tacked axle brackets in place. The machine is rated to 1/4" with two passes, but I have a hard time trusting the integrity of that kind of weld. Notice for the real thick stuff I only used the Hobart 140 to tack parts together, then took them over to a buddy's shop with an ancient 240v Miller. The 240v machine simply has more capacity to produce a good weld in the thick stuff, especially for a greenhorn like myself.

I did use the Hobart 140 to attach shock brackets to an 8.8 under my MJ. They have taken a few rock hits and haven't budged. I did this as an experiment to see how stout my welds are with the Hobart 140.

I've only been using it with flux core wire as I haven't invested in a gas tank yet. My welding buddy tells me my welds will greatly improve with gas.

Brett | KEĜEBF |
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|

Last edited by 87Warrior; 12-15-2015 at 01:52 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome