Garage Remodel... lots o pics - Page 3 - Rubicon Owners Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-20-2016, 01:39 PM Thread Starter
RubiconOwnersForum.com Premium

Garage
Sorry guys, I never got an update for this thread and missed your posts. Possibly due to the thread being moved at some point into this new section. Dunno.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97heep View Post
Hey Bbush I was wondering if you got the paint down? I have a 31 yr old house with a garage that has 25 years probably of oil grease and other auto stains on the floor. I really want to lay down a layer of garage floor paint like you see in show rooms but dunno how to go about cleaning it. Do you have any suggestions on how to remove years of built on stains? Thanks.
I never laid the paint down however I have done it before in another garage. I don't really care for paint because in time it needs maintenance. The floor I have has worked well over the years. Ideally there is a gel material that you can use, far more expensive but well worth the cost. My father was quoted $5,000 for a large 3 car garage however he ordered the stuff and installed it himself. I think the materials alone were over $2,000.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnClimber View Post
Bbush what brand of tiles are those, I know longer see them listed on Groits Garage? Also how have the tiles held up and also how easy/difficult is it to clean off the slush/snow/mud?
Sorry, it's been so long I couldn't tell you. If I come across a Griot's Garage retail mailer I will get back to you. They have held up well over the years but in the future I am considering installing the gel flooring. The tiles clean up easily however they do show their age. With that said they are very versatile and I have yet to break one parking my rig on them even with studded tires.

Thanks for the reply John and the tip. I have always used Xylene to clean the flooring. I have never found that 'perfect' concrete cleaner however I will consider using some Trisodium Phosphate next time.
johncanfield likes this.

*2003 Black Rubicon
8274, GenRight Suspension stretched to 100", Rock Jock 60 axles, 37" GY MTR/K tires on Hutchinson Beadlock wheels, 6.2 LS3, lots of under hood goodies, armor and billet bling

*2005 Rubicon Sahara #364 **Under Construction....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Rubicon Owners Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page