While doing a 5" stretch, I had to relocate the EVAP system on the Jeep. Once completed, I've had a few questions on how its done... so though a writeup might help those thinking about doing the same.
The goal here is to safely and effectively remove the charcoal canister from the LDP assembly.
Step 1: Remove the entire assembly from the Jeep. To do so, you will have to remove an upper bolt/nut and a lower bolt/nut. In the picture below, you can see the unit and the bolt/nut locations indicated with the red circles.
Once the two bolts/nuts are removed, you will have to disconnect two hoses and an electrical connection. On the two hoses, one is a larger gray connection. The second connection is a smaller gray connection. In the picture below, you can see the two hoses and the electric lines indicated by the three red circles:
With the assembly removed, the inside of the fender will look like:
Step 2: Re-configuring the LDP assembly. With the unit out of the Jeep, it will look like:
To remove the charcoal canister, simply unbolt the 4 bolts at the top of the unit. In the picture below, these are indicated with the red circles:
When dropping the tank out of the unit, disconnect the two 5/8" hoses from the top. At the same time, you can disconnect them from the LDP assembly. The lines are indicated by the two green lines:
Once the canister and lines are removed, the LDP assembly should look something like this:
Now, you can add a new 5/8" line to the LDP assembly, You will need to remove the white connection from the old 5/8" line and re-use it. Once the line is connected to the unit and the connection, it will look as follows:
Step 3: Remove part of the factory charcoal/LDP assembly support on the tub. Simply cut the existing support out that was holding the LDP assembly in place. In the picture below, the green lines show you where to cut. Once cut, buff/polish out all the rough edges and paint everything.
Step 4: Altering the LDP frame. The assembly is now setup properly, but you will have to alter the metal frame so everything fits back into the Jeep. In this step, you will basically be cutting the excess frame material from the unit. In the picture below, the green lines show you where to cut. For cutting, I used a 3" air cut-off tool. Also, I removed all the LDP equipment to make cutting easier:
Once the metal is cut, it should look something like this:
Once everything is bolted back up, place the unit back into the Jeep to make sure you will have plenty of room. You can orientate the unit in whatever direction you like, However, I placed the unit as far back as possible. You want to get the most tire clearance. Somewhere in this location is what your going for:
When everything fits, remove the unit, along with the LDP equipment and buff/polish everything down so you have no rough edges, followed with a coat of paint.
Step 4: Mounting the new LDP assembly: Now, you are ready to mount the LDP assembly into the Jeep. All I used was 2 - 9/16" bolts. At the bottom of the unit, drill 2 holes an inch or two apart. Place the unit back in the Jeep, mark the two holes, and drill the factory support. The green dots in the picture below show where the bolts are placed:
Once drilled, bolt everything up. Once bolted up, you can now re-connect the two hoses back, along with the electrical connection. When connecting everything, make sure the lines are not against anything sharp. Once you have the lines where you want them, zip-tie them in place and you should be set. It should look like the following:
With everything connected, you should have zero codes with the computer.
In doing the research, I found this thread that really helped out.