Any one have experience with the new JKS coils or jspec system - Rubicon Owners Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-16-2017, 03:48 PM Thread Starter
Rubi Bad Ass

Any one have experience with the new JKS coils or jspec system

Any one have experience with the new JKS coils or jspec system? I'm contemplating switching out my BDS 2" springs for the JKS springs. Not sure if I will go 2" again or 3". I am trying to solve a couple of issues. One is that my BDS springs can come loose in the seat. I don't want to loose them offroad. Two, I like the idea of the extra load capacity of the dual rate coil. So does anyone have experiece with the JKS coils. Any free length measurements or lift measurements. Hows the ride. Do you ride in the soft rate? Do you think a heavy Jeep would end up with a stiff ride in the firm rate?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-17-2017, 07:39 PM
Rubi Noobie

I thought someone would reply already??
I don't have a TJ. I have a JKUR with a smitty front bumper and a winch. 35's with a full size spare. I am using a JKS 2.5 inch lift with dual rate coils. I can only assume that they have the engineering dialed for both TJ and JK. I ride in the soft portion when going down the road. It is firm, not stiff. Probably as good as you can get in a solid axle 4x4. It doesn't seem to dive or sway.
I have Fox 2.0 shocks which are pretty much entry level and I think any complaint I have comes from them. They seem to work really well slow or at speed, but a in between they lack proper damping. I am trying to figure out what I want then will spend what it takes to get new ones.
You do know that Zone/BDS/JKS are all owned by Fox?

2014 JKU, JKS lift Poison spyder flares.
Backseat Dobermann Security
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-20-2017, 01:16 PM Thread Starter
Rubi Bad Ass

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlenglish View Post
I thought someone would reply already??
I don't have a TJ. I have a JKUR with a smitty front bumper and a winch. 35's with a full size spare. I am using a JKS 2.5 inch lift with dual rate coils. I can only assume that they have the engineering dialed for both TJ and JK. I ride in the soft portion when going down the road. It is firm, not stiff. Probably as good as you can get in a solid axle 4x4. It doesn't seem to dive or sway.
I have Fox 2.0 shocks which are pretty much entry level and I think any complaint I have comes from them. They seem to work really well slow or at speed, but a in between they lack proper damping. I am trying to figure out what I want then will spend what it takes to get new ones.
You do know that Zone/BDS/JKS are all owned by Fox?
I guess the JKS isn't very popular. Glad to hear your JK system works well and rides in the soft part. That is really my concern since I have a heavy Jeep. Your firm but not stiff ride is what I like. So it sounds promising. I have seen a couple good reviews on the JKs. Not much comment good or bad on the TJ side of things. I have a friend with a JKUR with AEV 2.5 lift and it is fantastic. I would also describe it as firm but not stiff. His setup is very well controlled. So I hope the JKS can give me something similar on my TJ.

I'm surprised to hear you say your Fox are entry level. I didn't know Fox did anything entry level. My friends AEV setup uses AEV tuned Bilstien 5100s which are great in that setup. But I'm not sure the same valving would work for the JKS system. I am using Bilstein 5160s on my TJ and surprisingly I have a pretty similar feel to my friends AEV Bilsteins. So when you start looking at shocks, I would look into the Bilstein 5160s. They are remote reservior so they are not cheap, but I am happy with mine. The control on the rebound dampening is the best part about the Bilsteins. I'm just looking for a dual rate spring to give me a soft ride but handle a load better.

EDIT
I did know that Zone, BDS, and JKS are all owned by Sport Truck USA. I did not know they also owned Fox. But that makes sense since they seem to offer Fox with both BDS and JKS systems. Speaking with Justin at JKS he said they do not share specs or anything though and they are all independant.

Last edited by Fargo; 06-20-2017 at 01:20 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Rubicon Owners Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Random Question

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page