Nth Degree Mobility - Rubicon Owners Forum
 39Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 65 (permalink) Old 10-20-2016, 11:24 AM Thread Starter
Rubi Noobie

Nth Degree Mobility

I'm seriously considering spending the money on their long arm kit for my LJ. This company seems to be in their third incarnation, but I can't seem to find much information on their lift kits anywhere on the web. I know a few of you are running them, what are your likes and dislikes? Would you do it all over again, or go with another company's suspension? If you installed it yourself, how was the ease of installation? Is it something one person can do or would it be easier to have somebody help, or just pay money and take it to a shop? I'm just trying to get as much information as I can, it's a pretty big purchase.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

-Herb-
2006 LJ Rubicon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 65 (permalink) Old 10-21-2016, 09:20 AM
Administrator

Garage
Pretty sure we have several here running their long arms. I just had my rear axle upgraded to a Rockjock 60 and the shop fabricated the four-link long arm suspension, so far it's working fantastic.

John - WB5THT
=======================
2006 LJ, not stock
post #3 of 65 (permalink) Old 10-21-2016, 07:10 PM
RubiconOwnersForum.com Premium

Garage
I looked at many different lifts for my new 05 Sahara, Unlimited, Rubicon. Didn't want junk. Didn't like Clayton or any of the others. Saw an article in one of the mags about Nth Degree. I went to their shop in Nevada and spoke to everyone there. I went for a ride in an employees equipped TJ and said HOLY crap! Where do I sign up? Stinger had 1,500 miles on it! I proceeded to cut off the factory suspension
!

I now have 72,000 plus miles on Stinger and have absolutely no complaints about my system. In fact, I would not change it for any other system. (Sorry Blaine)

My wheeling style has changed from rock crawler to.adventurer (occasionly rock trip to Moab). So I will think about the smaller springs and a 1 inch body lift.

Notice that I said think about.

Folks have poo pooped this system since it inception. Sorry for them. It has worked very well for me in a whole lot of environments--from Cliff Hanger to Florence, OR sand dunes

The litmus test ---would I do.it again?

HELL YES!
sierrabob and misterO like this.

post #4 of 65 (permalink) Old 10-21-2016, 10:33 PM Thread Starter
Rubi Noobie

Stinger, I bought their 3 inch springs, rear spring relocators, and spacers to replace my horrible fabtech 4" springs. I haven't installed them yet, but am thinking of getting the rest of the kit. I don't do rockcrawling, there's not a lot of that up here in Washington. How hard was the install?

-Herb-
2006 LJ Rubicon
post #5 of 65 (permalink) Old 10-21-2016, 11:37 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hertz View Post
Stinger, I bought their 3 inch springs, rear spring relocators, and spacers to replace my horrible fabtech 4" springs. I haven't installed them yet, but am thinking of getting the rest of the kit. I don't do rockcrawling, there's not a lot of that up here in Washington. How hard was the install?

I did the install by myself with, no outside help in 6- ten hour days. The hardest part was reading and following the instructions. They were written by an engineer! You will need to weld the frame spacers in place unless there has been a change in the kit .

Install---- noy hard just a lot to it!
Hertz likes this.

Frank!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

05 Rubicon LJ #009 Sahara slightly modified
post #6 of 65 (permalink) Old 10-22-2016, 12:39 AM

Send a message via MSN to mariodesmo
I also have the Nth Degree system and it has really performed for me on everything from the local Calif Sierra trails to Moab. It is especially capable going up loose, rocky, rough hills. I just point it and it goes up the hill, to the top. It is also very stable on the highway, from the freeway at 70MPH all day, to around town.

That being said, it is a time consuming installation job. I installed mine in pieces. Meaning that I installed parts of it each weekend, until the thing was complete. I'm an engineer and even I had to read the instructions at least twice, but they are very complete.

I would say the only thing I don't like about it, is that the system makes minor clanking noises sometimes when the suspension loads-up as I let the clutch out, and start moving out. Other than that, I am very pleased with the performance overall and have had no issues with the quality or reliability. I installed it in 2007 or 2008, and othing has broken since I've had it on my rig.

Good Luck!
Hertz likes this.

'02 TJ Sport, ARB's, 4.88s, NV241, Nth 6in LA, D44's, 35in KM2's, rear discs, Antirocks,
Warn XD9000i, Superior Evolution, and caught fire only once, N7YMZ
post #7 of 65 (permalink) Old 10-22-2016, 09:02 AM
Administrator

Garage
The owner of the 4x4 shop I use in Montrose calls it "unnecessarily complex."

John - WB5THT
=======================
2006 LJ, not stock
post #8 of 65 (permalink) Old 10-22-2016, 09:57 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by johncanfield View Post
The owner of the 4x4 shop I use in Montrose calls it "unnecessarily complex."
Is this the same guy talking you into 10 of thousands of dollars in axle swaps?

Most of the negative complaints I have heard about this system are from people who have never owned/ wheeled it!

Frank!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

05 Rubicon LJ #009 Sahara slightly modified
post #9 of 65 (permalink) Old 10-22-2016, 05:38 PM
Administrator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger View Post
Is this the same guy talking you into 10 of thousands of dollars in axle swaps?..
It's the guy I talked into doing the axle swap!

John - WB5THT
=======================
2006 LJ, not stock
post #10 of 65 (permalink) Old 10-22-2016, 06:47 PM
Rubi Bad Ass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hertz View Post
I'm just trying to get as much information as I can, it's a pretty big purchase.
Definitely a big decision. Here are the thoughts that have gone through my head on trying to make this decision:

• Do I need long arms, or is a 3" - 4" short arm with Johnny Joints on both ends sufficient for my wheeling?
  • My control arm mounts are mangled, how does that affect the decision between long arm and short arm?
  • Front long arms, what is better radius arms or three link?
  • Rear long arms, what is better triangulated with no track bar or torque arm?
  • Do I want to be able to drop the skid while the drive train is still supported?
  • Do I want a steel or aluminum skid?
  • I have a manual transmission, does the skid system protect it?
  • What is the availability of spare parts, should I need any?
  • How about a mid-arm?

Chris

2005 Sahara LJ
Savvy Mid Arm
AtoZ Full Weld in Cage

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Rubicon Owners Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Random Question

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page